Tuesday 19 August 2008

And the count down begins

In a month's time I will be showing at Tent London."Officially the coolest new event in the London Calendar", says the Evening Standard. The show is from 18th to 21st September at Truman Brewery, London. I'm busy making new work, holding discussions over the new website/ packaging/ press packs, doing photoshoots, sorting 300dpi images, lighting, van hire and a zillion other bits that seem to just crop with unerring regularity every day. But I'm loving the rush.

Speaking of photoshoots, I did the most fun photoshoot of my life last month. As a rule I hate photoshoots. In my fashion design days, doing a photoshoot used to mean managing models, perfect creases, make up while attemptiong to get fabulous images. Stressful would be a good word to describe it. Well, not so with Tas. Tas Kyprianou is a fantastic photographer and an absolute riot to work with . And the images...what can I say. Wait till the new website goes up!



In the midst of preps for the show, AK and I managed to take a brief holiday. We went to Edinburgh last week and caught some really cool shows. The Aluminium Show was this amazing interactive performance; The Bird, a play with deeply sensitive portrayals. Saw many other great shows. However, top of my list is my friend Uvi's prawn curry. That by itself is reason enough to go to Edinburgh.

1 comment:

claire loder said...

great stuff Ekta, the blog looks ace. Can't wait to se your stand at Tent