Sunday 25 January 2009

Fresh, sparkling and new

Although I haven't posted in a while, I kept meaning to. While the past three months whizzed by, I kept taking photos, scribbling notes for posting, but somehow just didn't manage to. Well, it's my birthday today and I thought it's the perfect day to do things I enjoy. So here goes.

Get Fresh, an exhibition celebrating designer-makers based in the Southwest of England opened last Friday at the Riverside Mill, in Bovey Tracey, Devon. Organised by the prestigious Devon Guild of Craftsmen, this is a biennial show. I am showing my Scrolls quilt, new scarves and cushions there with 17 other really cool contemporary artists/designers. The show continues till the 1st of March 09. I was chosen as the Associate Member along with a few others, amongst them my friends Anne Selby and Claire Loder. So all in all it was a really good evening.


The Private View

My work

Erica Steer, Co-Director of the Devon Guild announcing the names of newly chosen Associate Members, chief guest Dame Suzi Leather looking on


No comments: